Chippewa High SchoolChippewa Middle SchoolHazel Harvey Elementary SchoolsChippewa Preschool Progress BookLunch Menus




Chippewa Local Schools receives Federal Title I funding and as a parent, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child.  Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child's classroom teacher and requires us to give you this information in a timely manner, if you ask for it.  Specifically, you have the right to ask for the following information about each of your child's teachers:

  • If the teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas taught
  • If the teacher is teaching under emergency or temporary status in which State qualifications or licensing criteria are waived because of special circumstances
  • The teacher's college major; whether the teacher holds any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees
  • Whether any teachers' aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.

If you would like to receive any of this information, please call the Superintendent's Office, Chippewa Local Schools, 330-658-6368


Currently, all teachers in the Chippewa Local School District have college degrees with most possessing Masters degrees.  All of our schools are staffed by fully trained and dedicated teachers.  In the event that your child has been assigned to be taught, or has been taught by a teacher who has not met the Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) requirements, we will notify you.


Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act is a non-discrimination statute barring discrimination on the basis of one's disability.  It is the policy of the school district not to discriminate on the basis of disability in its educational programs, activities or employment policies as required by the Act.  The Act requires the school district to locate, evaluate and determine if the student is a qualified individual requiring accommodations necessary to provide access to educational programs.  Parents are entitled to have the opportunity to review relevant education records under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  Parents or guardians disagreeing with the decisions reached by school personnel for accommodations necessary for access to educational programming and/or facilities, may request a hearing before an impartial hearing officer by notifying the superintendent.  Chippewa Local Schools 330-658-6368.



The Family Educational Rights ad Privacy Act (FERPA) affords parents and student over 18 years of age (“eligible students”) certain rights with respect to the student’s education records. They are:

  1. The right to inspect and review the student’s education records within 45 days of the day the District receives a request for access. Parents or eligible students should submit to the school principal (or appropriate school official) a written request that identifies the record(s) they wish to inspect.   The principal will make arrangements for access and notify the parent or eligible student of the time and place where the records may be inspected.
  2. The right to request the amendment of the student’s education records that the parent or eligible student believes are inaccurate or misleading. They should write the school principal, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. If the District decides not to amend the record as requested by the parent or eligible student, the District will notify the parent or eligible student of the decision and advise them of their right to a hearing regarding the amendment request. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the parent or eligible student when notified of the right to a hearing.
  3. The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.

One exception that permits disclosure without consent is disclosure to school        officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the District as an administrator, supervisor, instructor, or support staff member (including health or medical staff and law enforcement unit personnel); a person serving on the School Board; a person or company with whom the District has contracted to perform a special task (such as an attorney, auditor, medical consultant, or therapist); or a parent or student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks.

A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to             review an educational record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.

Upon request, the District discloses education records without consent to officials of another school district in which a student seeks or intends to enroll.

4. The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the District to comply with the requirements of FERPA.

The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA is: Family Policy Compliance Office, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20202-4605


Chippewa Local Schools provides educational services to student with disabilities utilizing federal assistance through IDEA-B funds to enhance basic programming. Diagnostic services are available to any child from birth through 21 years of age. Problems with hearing, vision, learning, behavior, speech/language, health/physical functioning, or any combination of these may be considered.

What is Child Find?

The purpose of Child Find is to identify, locate, and evaluate children ages 3 to 22 years of age who are suspected of having or who have a diagnosed disability or developmental delay, in order to provide appropriate special education services under the law. A child should be referred when:

* A health or medical disorder interferes with development and/or learning

* A child seems to have difficulty seeing or hearing

* A child appears to have social, emotional or behavioral difficulties that affect his/her

   ability to learn or interact with others

* A child has a diagnosed progressive or degenerative condition that will eventually  

   impair or impede the child’s ability to learn

* A child seems to have difficulty understanding directions like others that are his/her


* A child’s speech is not understood by family or friends

* A child appears to have learning difficulties in reading, writing, math or other school

   subjects that have not responded to school interventions

Who is Eligible for Services?

A student must be evaluated by a school-based team and identified as having a disability to be eligible for special education programs and related services. The degree of the student’s impairment must require special education.

How can children be referred?

A referral may be made by a parent or by any person concerned about a child. Parent involvement and consent is obtained prior to any further action. Information is confidential and the privacy of children and parents is protected.   Call the Special Services Office at Chippewa Local School at 330-658-6368 for more information if your child is between the ages of 3 and 22 years old and you suspect a disability.